Saturday, April 11, 2020

Swaggy P's Kitchen & Coffee Bar - Madisonville, Kentucky

Today my lunch of choice was in Madisonville, Kentucky at Swaggy P’s Kitchen & Coffee Bar. This restaurant was one of the many that had been suggested to me but was picked because of its proximity to a destination I wanted to see (more on that later). Swaggy P’s serves what I would consider your typical diner food. I went with their special for the day that was the open face Roast beef with a side of fried okra (if there is ever fried okra on the menu there is a good chance I will order it and order it for any meal of the day). The food was really good and very reasonably priced. If I’m ever in the area again I would definitely go back but it’s not one of those restaurants that I’m willing to drive more than an hour to get to just for the food. They had a really cool looking coffee area and have a variety of drinks but since I’m not a coffee drinker I will have to base their drinks on how the coffee bar looked (Doesn’t the saying go you are suppose to judge the coffee by how cool and hip the coffee bar looks?)


Now I picked this restaurant because it was relatively close to the town of Paradise. As many of you have probably heard, John Prine, country folk singer-songwriter passed away yesterday and I thought there was no better way to remember him and his legacy than by visiting Paradise. So today I traveled back to Muhlenberg county, down by the Green River where Paradise lay, or what’s left of it. I got to see several of the spots mentioned in his song such as the Green River, Airdrie Hill, and the Rochester Dam. It was a beautiful day to explore this small area of God’s Country. Thanks for the music!





No comments:

Post a Comment