Saturday, April 11, 2020

Bourbon N' Toulouse - Lexington, Kentucky

I had a lot of recommendations to try Bourbon N' Toulouse in Lexington, Kentucky so today was the day I made it happen. I love Cajun food and was so excited to try their half and half order. I will say both restaurants I went to were great and being able to order online and pay online so you had no contact with them other than them delivering the bag to the car.

The website gives a little background of the restaurant saying, “In July 2004 Will Pieratt and Kevin Heathcoat took a huge leap of faith and opened Bourbon n’ Toulouse by maxing out seven credit cards and simply hoping things worked out for the best. The business plan was simple: cook some damn good food, give back to the community that help keep their lights on and have as much fun as the law allows! Fifteen years later these guys are still extremely passionate about what they do and they haven’t grown up a bit, just ask their wives! Always cooking and laughing, these guys are serious about having fun. Stop in and sample the wide array of tasty Cajun and Creole dishes, grab a beer from the ever changing selection and drift away to their own little version of The French Quarter.”
I decided to go with 1/2 Red Beans and Rice and 1/2 Southwest Étouffée. It. Was. AWESOME!!! I’m a huge fan of Red beans and Rice and this rocked. After taking a bite I could close my eyes and picture myself in a little hole in the wall Jazz Bar in the the French Quarter. The Southwest Étouffée was good too with huge chunks of crawfish throughout but I could easily eat my weight in Red Beans and Rice and will make my way back here again.

No comments:

Post a Comment