Monday, April 13, 2020

How Bourbon Distilleries Are Fighting Covid-19


Everyone has been impacted by the Covid-19 virus and it has changed the way of life for most people. When it first hit people were storming the stores and stockpiling toilet paper, hand sanitizer, and Clorox wipes. It has been over a month and it is still hard to find these items on the shelves in your local stores.

Well living in the state that holds claim to being the Bourbon Capital of the World, our local distilleries are stepping up to the plate by turning their bourbon-making stills into hand sanitizer stills. Yep, you heard correct! Some of the most famous bourbon companies are now creating some the most sought-after goods right now. A lot of these distilleries are making sure hospitals and first responders are able to get this product to help keep them safe.


My local distillery, Dueling Grounds Distillery, in Franklin, Kentucky has joined in by creating quart and gallon size containers of hand sanitizer. You can purchase and pay for it on their website and then have a curbside pickup.

I don’t have an exhaustive list of all of the distilleries that are providing this service but some of the ones in Kentucky that I have heard are doing this include:
Angel’s Envy
Beam Suntory
Dueling Barrels Brewery & Distillery
Dueling Grounds Distillery
Evan Williams Bourbon Experience
Heaven Hill
Jeptha Creed Distillery
Lexington Brewing and Distillery
Old Forester
Rabbit Hole Distillery
Wilderness Trail Distillery
Woodford Reserve
Silent Brigade Distillery
Starlight Distillery


If you live close to a distillery, I would encourage you to check to see if they are also doing this for their communities. This is a great way to support local businesses and at the same time get a product that is extremely useful for you and your family. I have a quart bottle that I’ve purchased and it might be all in my head but I swear that the hand sanitizer smells like bourbon, which I guess could either be a good or a bad thing J

1 comment:

  1. I think it’s so cool that our local distilleries are giving back like this! And I didn’t know you could purchase the hand sanitizer too!!

    ReplyDelete