Saturday, April 11, 2020

India Oven - Bowling Green, Kentucky

Alright, so my first meal on Mitchell’s Eats is the India Oven Restaurant in Bowling Green, Kentucky. I’ve known about the restaurant for some time but I just haven’t been. It’s been around for several years and probably the first time that it popped in my radar was a tweet in 2017. Khushbu Shah, a CNN Field Producer, who is Indian, tweeted, “How is it that the best Indian food I’ve ever had in America (besides Mom’s) is in Bowling Green, Kentucky? #mindblown

I’ve only eaten Indian food a few times but this is wonderful! I had the Butter Chicken - Medium Spiced on a bed of basmati rice with Naan bread both Regular and Garlic. It was so good and the spice level was just perfect as the heat continued to grow as you kept eating. They have 4 spice levels: mild, medium, hot, and Indian hot (I’m glad I picked medium and can’t imagine how hot Indian Hot would be). The Naan was the perfect addition to scoop up the remaining sauce on the plate.
Let me tell you, they gave me so much food that I truly have enough for another meal. I would highly suggest for everyone to try this place. I know some of you all are really picky eaters but I believe that the Butter Chicken is a safe starter to get you out of your comfort zone but still try something new. I’m super excited to go back when they are fully open to try their buffet so I can sample a wide variety of their dishes. Be Kind and Show Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment